Saturday, January 04, 2014

To 2014



Every year, we can say that we'll do better. That we'll try harder. And we make a long list of things that we promise we'll do, that will we'll change for the new year.

And every year, I've followed suit. I've made promises to myself, and try as I may, I haven't really been able to keep them. There is something to be said about dreaming a little too big.

So this year, no more setting myself up to fail. Instead, what about some small, manageable changes to elements of my life that will impact the big picture.

Take time to appreciate what I have, and not what I don't have. I am rich in so many ways, and wasting time thinking about material things that are not there isn't helping anything.

Make time each month for a new adventure or experience with my brand new husband. We're both so busy, and already treasure spending whatever time we can find together. Adventures will only make this so much better.

Take better care of myself. Eat smaller amounts of better food. Try to not stress about everything. Be proud of myself, and what I do.

Here's to you, 2014. I can't wait to see what's in store!

No comments: