Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Episode 12- where we talk about music...

... specifically this playlist, unremarkably titled "songs about g"

Amour du Sol- Yelle
Je chante en français, des années 80, je n’aime pas le passé, mais c’était quand même bien

Say Yes! To Michigan!- Sufjan Stevens
Yes Michigan, the feeling forever....

Clark Co. Record Fair- Saint Etienne
Only the best from the SE, from a stupidly hard-to-find album

Hey Eugene!- Pink Martini
For a long time, I told people that this song was about Eugene, Oregon. Fail.

Plasticities- Andrew Bird
Strangely enough, a huge inspiration for my MA thesis

That's Not my Name- The Ting Tings
I would like to be in this band.

L'Homme aux Bras Ballants- Yann Tiersen
Ready for a little waltz?

En Cendres- Emilie Simon
The percussion group I worked for collaborated with Emilie, and after they introduced me to her music I realized I was the last person in France to know who she was.

The World is a Disco Ball- Future Bible Heroes
As Matt would say, "Moses on guitar!"

Love Generation- Bob Sinclair
The (old) Star Academy song!

Those to Come- The Shins
The best Shins song, ever. For cupcakes.

Merry Happy- Kate Nash
Oh, Kate Nash. I listened to this cd straight through approximately 10 million times after buying it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm lucky enough to own this particular playlist. It's good to be e. And g.